Honey Holiday Recipes
With the holiday season right around the corner, it's time to start planning the menu for your holiday gathering! This year, try something healthy and sweet for your friends and family: holiday recipes powered by honey.
Honeydrop Beverages, the all natural line of teas and juices sweetened with a tablespoon of pure honey, is thrilled to partner with Dan Lorig, former Executive Chef of Gulf Stream - Hillstone in Los Angeles and founding team member of Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak in New York City to offer a few honey-centric recipes perfect for the holidays.
Why honey? Honey is not only a delicious way to sweeten dishes while avoiding refined sugars, it contains natural antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that are proven to sooth sore throats and coughs, boost energy and relive tired muscles.
Honey is also known to relax the digestive tract - perfect for overindulgent holiday eating!
The below recipes from Honeydrop and Dan Lorig will be the perfect additions to your holiday meal.
Honey Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
12 Fl. Oz. White Wine
1 fl. Oz Vegetable Oil, as needed
2 Oz Shallot, Chopped
6 Oz Celery, Medium Dice
3 Oz Carrot, Medium Dice
1 Tbsp Garlic Clove, Chopped
2 Lbs Butternut Squash, Cooked
2 Fl Oz Olive Oil, as needed
4 Fl Oz Honey
3 Qt Vegetable Stock
8 Fl Oz Heavy Cream
Salt, to taste
White Pepper, Ground, to taste
1. Peel and seed Squash
2. Cut Squash into 1"-2" cubes
3. Place Squash in a medium bowl, mix with olive oil and honey to lightly coat
4. Spread Squash over a sheet tray and lightly season with salt and white pepper
5. Roast at 300 F for approximately 1 hr or until fork tender
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepot to low heat. Add the shallots, garlic, celery, onion and carrot. Cook slowly until soft/translucent.
2. Add White Wine and simmer 2 minutes
3. Add cooked squash and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 hour
4. Puree in a blender or food processor until very smooth then strain. Repeat if necessary to achieve desired consistency
5. Add Heavy Cream and return to heat; simmer 20 minutes
6. Adjust seasoning with Honey, salt and white pepper to taste
7. Serve immediately
Honey Mustard and Herb Vinaigrette
Makes Approx. 1qt
1/3 cup Champagne Vinegar
2/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Shallot, Chopped
1 tbsp Thyme, Fresh, chopped
1 tbsp Parsley, Fresh, chopped
2 Tsp Honey
20 Fl Oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
1. Combine all of the ingredients except the oil.
2. Gradually incorporate the oil in a steady stream.
3. Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and black pepper.
4. Serve immediately over mixed greens or store in refrigerator for up to one week
For more information: www.Honeydrop.com